Return to Rio+20 Calendar
Date and Time: Tuesday, June 19th, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Location: Fundacao Getulio Vargas, Praia de Botafogo, 190
Organizer: Stakeholder Forum, World Resources Institute,
- Jan‐Gustav Strandenaes (Stakeholder Forum, Moderator),
- Uchita de Zoysa (Centre for Environment and Development),
- Linda Sheehan (Earth Law Center),
- Representative of Regional Authorities (TBC),
- Cathrine Armour (UAE, Abu Dhabi Global Environmental Data Initiative) (TBC)
The topic “Intergovernmental governance – will the peoples find their’ voice?” will be introduced and followed by a facilitated panel discussion.
Topics will include People’s Sustainability Treaties, Rights of Nature, Role of Regional Governments, and Role of Technology and Science in Governance.
The panel is part of a larger World Resources Institute day: “Choosing Our Future: Open and Participatory Sustainable Development Governance.”
Contact: Jan‐Gustav Strandenaes, email@example.com; also firstname.lastname@example.orgSummary: