INTERACTIVE DIALOGUE OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY ON HARMONY WITH NATURE IN COMMEMORATION OF INTERNATIONAL MOTHER EARTH DAY
THEME: EARTH JURISPRUDENCE
21 April 2017, United Nations HQ
Event: Interactive Dialogue of the General Assembly on Harmony with Nature in commemoration of International Mother Earth Day
For Programme click: Harmony with Nature Programme 10April2017
Theme: Earth Jurisprudence
Date: Friday, 21 April 2017
Location: United Nations Headquarters, New York City
Objective – For more information click: UN Harmony with Nature Concept Note 10April2017
The Dialogue will examine the key characteristics of, and implementation strategies for, an Earth-centred paradigm. It will advance the importance of the inclusion and application of Earth jurisprudence principles in the implementation of Agenda 2030 and all 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Panelists will draw from the recommendations of the experts’ report from the 2016 virtual dialogue, showcase how Earth jurisprudence is currently being applied across different disciplines, and offer new Earth jurisprudence implementation strategies consistent with Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals. The Dialogue will explore how Earth-centred governance policies could ensure sustainable development patterns consistent with Earth jurisprudence principles.
- How can Earth jurisprudence help us to better implement the Sustainable Development Goals?
- What promising approaches and actions should be implemented, replicated or scaled-up to advance an Earth-centred approach to attaining the Sustainable Development Goals?
- How would a Universal Declaration on the Rights of Nature help guide implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals?
! SECURITY NOTE | PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY !
Guests without a valid UN Grounds Pass
To obtain a special event ticket, send an e-mail to Ms. Ariane Benrey at: email@example.com indicating your first and last name as it appears on your valid government-issued ID. Your request should be received no later than Monday 17 April, noon.
Plan to arrive at the DC1 Building/One UN Plaza (located at the corner of 1st Avenue and 44th Street) between 8:30 and 9:45 am on Friday 21 April – to pick up your special event ticket to attend the Dialogue. Please pick up your special event ticket no later than 9:45 am. Colleagues will be holding signs with the name of the event. Kindly keep your special event ticket with you at all times.
- Please carry a valid government-issued ID with you.
- Please bear in mind that the passes are name-specific and non-transferable.
- You will then go through a security screening similar to the airport. Please do not carry anything with you that you would not take through airport security.
- Note that if you leave the UN grounds, you will need to be security screened again.
- If for any reason you are not able to arrive to the UN premises before 9:45 am, please contact the focal point, Ms. Giovanna Maselli at (786) 901- 0070. She will kindly assist you with your event ticket.
Guests with a valid UN Grounds Pass
You do not need a special event ticket to access the Dialogue.
Broadcast: Live and on-demand webcast coverage to be available on the UN Web TV website at: