Shannon Biggs (Global Exchange) and Thomas Linzey (CELDF) were invited on NPR’s ‘Your Call’ with Rose Aguilar to discuss community and nature’s rights and how communities across the US are undertaking rights-based organizing to get what they want in the places where they live!
Listen to a full recording of the show on KALW.
Sustainability in Santa Monica
Citizens in Santa Monica, CA are launching a rights-based campaign in collaboration with Global Exchange and the city’s Environmental Task Force to pass an ordinance into law that will assert their right to live in a sustainable city. The proposed ordinance, called the Santa Monica Sustainability Bill of Rights, is to be presented to the city council at a meeting on Tuesday, January 24th. More information.
- If you’re interested in learning more about the campaign in Santa Monica or attending the rally and city council meeting on January 24th, please contact Cris Gutierrez by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (424) 214-8096
- Stay updated on the campaign in Santa Monica by visiting their new blog.
- If you’d like to learn more about you can assert YOUR community’s rights, please contact Community Rights program Director Shannon Biggs by e-mail email@example.com or by phone (415) 255-5540
Community Rights at Bioneers in LA
At the end of this month, Bioneers will host a meeting in Los Angeles featuring Shannon Biggs, director of the Community Rights program at Global Exchange. Bioneers are biological pioneers who work with nature to heal both nature and people who are dedicated to re-imagining the future of our planet.
- When: Tuesday January 31st at 7pm
- Where: The G2 Gallery, 1503 Abbot Kinney Blvd. Venice, CA 90291
This meeting is open to the public.
Thank you to Global Exchange.